Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be active in work devoted to improving state courts, or recently retired.
- Have significant experience serving or assisting state or local courts.
- Have provided leadership at the state or national level to improve state court systems.
The following information must accompany each nomination:
- Letter of nomination setting forth up to three major accomplishments of the nominee.
- A resume for the nominee.
- Two letters of reference from individuals who have direct knowledge of the nominee’s accomplishments.
Solicitation of nominations is sought from members of the NCSC Board of Directors, its advisory committees and associations for which NCSC serves as secretariat. Any person interested in improving the operation of state courts may submit a nomination. Nominations are due no later than Friday, October 16, 2020 and can be emailed directly to Patricia Chauvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection committee
The Governance and Nominations Committee of the NCSC Board of Directors serve as the selection committee for this award. The Committee may consider nominations on its own motion. Nominations are solicited annually. When a nominee is selected the award will be presented at a time and location mutually agreeable to the recipient and the National Center for State Courts.