The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) sponsored the Third National Judicial Leadership Summit on the Protection of Children on October 15-17, 2009. Summit III was held in Austin, Texas, hosted by the Texas courts and the Texas Permanent Judicial Commission on Children, Youth, and Families.
It built on the success of the 2005 and 2007 Summits in Minnesota and New York by:
- Sustaining the commitment of the judicial and child welfare agency leadership to view the child protection process "Through the Eyes of a Child"
- Updating the action plans prepared at the previous Summits by each state team
- Championing improvements in the quality, effectiveness, and timeliness of decisions in cases affecting the well-being of children
- Broadening collaboration
- Sharing data
- Measuring performance and success
- Enhancing interstate cooperation and communication
- Addressing children’s needs in rural as well as urban jurisdictions
- Providing competent legal representation to children and parents
Highlighting successful approaches and promising practices for:
For more information contact:
Principal Court Management Consultant