The Government Relations Office supports policy development of the Conference of Chief Judges, the Conference of State Courts Administrators, the American Judges Association, the National Association for Court Management, and other national associations on national issues that affect state courts. The office assists in advocating these policy positions to the Congress, the Federal Executives, and to other national associations. The office establishes communication mechanisms for sharing information. Finally, the office acts as a liaison between state judicial leadership and the Federal courts.
- Assisting in development and promotion of policy agendas;
- Compiling and disseminating information; and
- Assisting in the advancement of policies within the Congress, the federal executive branch, and other national associations.
- Developing a common voice on major policy issues;
- Promoting positions by communicating association resolutions; and
- Advising congressional staff and federal officials of policy/legislation impact on state court operations.
- Establishing lines of communication between the associations; and
- Preparing briefing books, issue briefs (listed at left), Washington Update, memoranda,
speeches to associations, newsletters and magazine articles, etc.
Federal Funding Report: This monthly newsletter provides tips and strategies courts can use to win grants from federal and private funding sources.