Wayfarer is an exploration tool for the NIEM and the GJXDM. It provides advanced searching capabilities combined with detailed information about elements and types. Thanks to support from the Department of Justice, Wayfarer is freely available to the NIEM and GJXDM communities.
- NIEM Wayfarer Version 3 is the current version, updated to navigate NIEM 3.1 in 2015.
- NIEM Wayfarer 2.1 can still be used to navigate NIEM 2.1. This version of Wayfarer introduced several enhancements, including the ability to view implied substitution groups and user documentation. You can find NIEM Wayfarer user documentation here.
- GJXDM Wayfarer 2.0 is the Wayfarer version for searching the Global Justice XML Data Model, NIEM’s predecessor.
- GJXDM Wayfarer 1.9 can still be used.
Technical Privacy Framework
A significant challenge to information sharing is ensuring that sensitive information is protected from disclosure that would violate federal, state, tribal, or local law. Global’s Technical Privacy Framework shows technologists how to automate user authentication, authorization, and enforcement of complex access-control rules.
- Global Technical Privacy Framework
- Technical Privacy Training for both business and technology leaders
- Rhode Island's pilot implementation of Global's Technical Privacy Framework:
- Trustmarks for Corrections and Re-Entry Privacy Policies
- Corrections and Re-Entry: Protected Health Information Privacy Framework for Information Sharing (2014)
- Georgia Technical Research Institute's Trustmarks Project Site
- Trustmark Definitions and Interface Profiles for HIPAA and 42 CFR part 2 Consent Forms, Contracts and Policies: graphic views and XML artifacts
Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPDs) define "reference" information exchanges, intended as models for information exchanges that meet specific business needs. NCSC has developed a comprehensive set of data standards for the exchange of judicial information. Categories of NCSC developed IEPDs include:
- Child Support;
- Child Welfare;
- Disposition Reporting;
- Traffic Citation;
- and Drug Court.
The Global Justice XML Data Model (GJXDM) is a comprehensive product that includes a data model, a data dictionary, and an XML schema that together is known as the Global JXDM. The Global JXDM is sponsored by DOJ's OJP, with development supported by the Global XML Structure Task Force (GXSTF).