Locations of Courthouse and Courtroom Technology Systems
The following courthouse and courtroom locations must be considered in regards to the placement of physical technology system components:
- Case Display: Information on daily cases in the courthouse can be displayed at the building entrance and/or outside of courtrooms.
- Clerk's Office: The clerk's office conducts case queue management, and this might also be the location of the self-service kiosk(s).
- Judge's Bench Zone: Within the courtroom, this area includes the bench front, its elevated platform, and its work surface, as well as the speaking area immediately before the bench.
- Litigation Well: This is the term for the central courtroom area before the bench, where the attorneys' work stations / tables / podium(s) are situated. It excludes the judge's bench zone.
- Jury Areas: Jury trials require a jury box within the courtroom, as well as a separate and secure deliberation room. Each area has its own technical considerations.
- Gallery / Public Seating Area: This area within the courtroom is accessible to, and used by, observers. It excludes the bench zone, the jury box, and the litigation well.