The National Conference for State Legislatures has designed an interactive map which allows users to see laws by state which address aspects of pretrial policy.
- Alaska Criminal Justice Commission (2015). Justice Reinvestment Report.
- Arizona Supreme Court (2016). Rules of Criminal Procedure Amendment No. R-16-0041.
- Arizona Supreme Court (2016). Report and Recommendations of the Task Force on Fair Justice for All: Court-Ordered Fines, Penalties, Fees, and Pretrial Release Policies.
- Arizona Supreme Court Administrative No. 2016-16 (in the Matter of Establishing the Task Force on Fair Justice for All: Court-Ordered Fines, Penalties, Fees, And Pretrial Release Policies and Appointment of Members).
- National Center for State Courts (2015) PJCC Pretrial Justice Brief 3:. Snapshot of Pretrial Justice Reform: Arizona.
- Arizona Supreme Court (2016) Administrative Order No. 2015-89 (in the Matter of Establishing the Pretrial Services Committee).
- Arizona Supreme Court (2015) Administrative Order No. 2015-38 (in the Matter of Approval of Pretrial Risk Assessment Tool in Compliance with ACJA § 5-201(E)(1)).
- Arizona Supreme Court (2014) Administrative Order No. 2014-12 (in the Matter of ACJA §5-201: Evidence-Based Pretrial Services).
- Arizona Code of Judicial Administration §5-201: Evidence Based Pretrial Services.
- Arizona Supreme Court Strategic Agenda 2014-2019. Advancing Justice Together.
- Pretrial Detention Reform Workgroup (2017). Pretrial Detention Reform: Recommendations To The Chief Justice.
- Policy Institute of California (2017). Pretrial Release in California.
- California Courts (2016). California Chief Justice Appoints Working Group to Review Pretrial Detention.
- Judicial Council of California (2015). Recidivism Reduction Fund Court Grants: Fiscal Years 2014/15 to 2016/17.
- Californians for Safety and Justice (2015). Pretrial Progress: A Survey of Pretrial Practices and Services in California.
- Californians for Safety and Justice (2015). Pretrial Release in California: Legal Parameters for Evidence-Based Practices.
- Pretrial Justice Institute (2018). Outcomes from the Smart Pretrial Initiative (City and County of Denver).
- Pretrial Justice Institute (2017). Connecticut Joins National Movement to Improve Pretrial Justice
- Pretrial Justice Institute (2018). Outcomes from the Smart Pretrial Initiative (State of Delaware).
- Delaware.Gov (2012). Governor Signs Justice Reinvestment Act.
District of Columbia
- Pretrial Services Agency for the District of Columbia.
- Pretrial Justice Institute (n.d.). The D.C. Pretrial Services Agency: Lessons from Five Decades of Innovation and Growth.
- CSG Justice Center (2014). Justice Reinvestment in Hawaii.
- National Center for State Courts (2015) PJCC Pretrial Justice Brief 4:. Snapshot of Pretrial Justice Reform: Idaho.
- Circuit Court of Cook County Illinois (2017). General Order No. 18.8A. Procedures for bail hearings and pretrial release.
- State of Illinois (2017). Bail Reform Act of 2017.
- Pretrial Justice Institute (2016). Illinois Coalition Joins National Effort to Improve Pretrial Justice.
- Indiana Supreme Court (2016). Order Adopting Criminal Rule 26 (No. 94S00-1602-MS-86).
- National Center for State Courts (2015). PJCC Pretrial Justice Brief 6:. Snapshot of Pretrial Justice Reform: Indiana.
- Supreme Court of Kentucky (2017). Order 2017-01: Authorization for the Non-Financial Uniform Schedule of Bail Administrative Release Program.
- Kentucky Court of Justice (2016). Kentucky Pretrial Services: A Virtual Tour.
- Kentucky Pretrial Services, Administrative Office of the Courts (2013). Pretrial Reform in Kentucky.
- State of Maine Intergovernmental Pretrial Justice Reform Task Force (2015). Report of the Intergovernmental Pretrial Justice Reform Task Force.
- Court of Appeals of Maryland (2017). Maryland Rules of Procedure Title 4 - Criminal Causes Chapter 200 - Pretrial Procedures.
- Michigan Joint Task Force on Jail and Pretrial Incarceration (2020). Report and Recommendations
- Michigan Supreme Court (2016). SCAO approved form MC 240 - Pretrial Release Order requires finding that consideration for release on personal recognizance was made.
- Austin, J. & Allen, R. (2016). Development of the Nevada Pretrial Risk Assessment System Final Report.
- Supreme Court of Nevada (2015). Pretrial Release Outcomes Studied by Nevada Judiciary.
- Supreme Court of Nevada, Administrative Office of the Courts (2015). Overview of the Committee to Study Evidence-Based Pretrial Release.
- State of New Hampshire (2018). NH SB 556: Criminal Justice Reform and Economic Fairness Act of 2018.
- Urban Institute (2016). Road Map to Pretrial Reforms: Profile Analysis of New Hampshire's Pretrial Defendant Population.
- New Jersey Courts (2017). Criminal Justice Reform Information Center.
- American Civil Liberties Union of New Jersey, National Association of Criminal Defence Lawyers and the State of New Jersey Office of the Public Defender (2016). The New Jersey Pretrial Justice Manual.
- New Jersey Herald (2015). New System Eliminates Bail, Speeds Up Trials.
- State of New Jersey Joint Committee on Criminal Justice (2014). New Jersey Report of the Joint Committee on Criminal Justice.
- State of New Jersey Joint Committee on Criminal Justice (2013). New Jersey Jail Population Analysis: Identifying Opportunities to Safely and Responsibly Reduce the Jail Population.
- New Mexico Supreme Court (2018). New Mexico Early Release ROR Program Video.
- New Mexico Supreme Court (2018). New Mexico Early Release ROR Program Flow Chart, New Mexico Early Release ROR Program Procedures, New Mexico Order Appointing Pretrial Release Designees, New Mexico Rule 5-408 Early Release by Designee.
- Ballotpedia (2016). New Mexico Voters Pass Bail Reform.
- Daniels, C. (2016). Why New Mexico Needs Bail Reform.
- Independent Commission on New York Criminal Justice and Incarceration reform (2017). A More Just New York City.
- State of New York Unified Court System (2015). Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman Announces Series of Reforms to Address Injustices of NY's Current Bail System.
- Office of the Mayor, New York City (2015). Mayor de Blasio Announces $17.8 Million to Reduce Unnecessary Jail Time for People Waiting for Trial.
- North Carolina Commission on the Administration Law & Justice (2017). Final Report: Recommendations for Strengthening the Unified Court System of North Carolina.
- The Supreme Court of Ohio (2019). Task Force to Examine the Ohio Bail System.
- Ohio Criminal Sentencing Commission (2017). Ohio Criminal Sentencing Commission Ad Hoc Committee on Bail and Pretrial Services: Report & Recommendations.
- Oregon Criminal Justice Commission (2018). Task Force on Public Safety: Preliminary Report to the Oregon Legislature
- Yamhill County (n.d.). Evidence-Based Decision-Making Initiative.
- Oregon Judicial Department (2010). Report to Bail Bonds Work Group on Failure-to-Appear Rates and Collection and Distribution of Security Release Funds.
- Utah State Courts (2015). Report to the Utah Judicial Council on Pretrial Release and Supervision Practices.
- Pretrial Justice Institute (2018). Outcomes from the Smart Pretrial Initiative (Yakima County).
- Yakima County Pretrial Policy Team (2015). Yakima County Pretrial System Implementation Plan.
- The Council of State Governments (2015). Justice Reinvestment in Washington.
- The Council of State Governments Justice Center Justice Reinvestment in West Virginia.
- County Board of Supervisors, County of Dane, Wisconsin (2016). Dane County Criminal Justice Council Partners with the Laura and John Arnold Foundation and Researchers from Harvard University to Improve Criminal Justice Outcomes.
- National Center for State Courts (2015). PJCC Pretrial Justice Brief :5. Snapshot of Pretrial Justice Reform: Dane County, Wisconsin.