The Pretrial Justice Center for Courts (PJCC) works closely with the Conference of Chief Justices and the Conference of State Court Administrators to implement their resolution recommending evidence-based assessment of risk in setting pretrial release conditions and the presumptive use of non-financial release conditions consistent with assessments of risk. PJCC provides information and tools, offers education and technical assistance, facilitates cross-state learning and collaboration, and promotes the use of legal and evidence-based pretrial practices for courts across the country.
- White Paper on Pretrial Preventive Detention (and Appendix)
- Pretrial Justice Planning Guide for Courts
- Estimating the Costs of Implementing Pretrial Assessment and Monitoring Services
- Pretrial Justice Briefs
- CCJ/COSCA Resolution on Evidence-Based Pretrial Release
- COSCA Policy Paper on Evidence-Based Pretrial Release