From left, judicial panelists Eric Washington, Daniel Buckley, Maria Rivera, Jimmie Edwards, Tani Cantil-Sakauye and host/moderator Tavis Smiley, center, attend the taping of the PBS Special Courting Justice at Loyola Law School on June 10, 2016, in Los Angeles, Calif. Photo by Earl Gibson III
Courting Justice is an unprecedented multi-city town hall series that invites state supreme, appellate and trial court judges to step down from the bench and listen to new perspectives on how the United States court system can better deliver justice for all.
From litigants to public defenders, families of the incarcerated to prosecutors, every constituent can voice their concerns and share real-world solutions on how to rebuild the public trust in our judiciary.
The first Listening Tour was taped at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, California on June 10. The show was broadcast nationally on PBS stations as the regular airing of the "Tavis Smiley Show" on June 22. The second episode occurred in Little Rock, Arkansas on September 23 and aired on September 28 and 29. The third will be taped in Cleveland, Ohio on December 8.
* Ohio Chief Justice Maureen O'Connor
* Cleveland Municipal Court Judge Ronald Adrine
* Lakewood Judge Patrick Carroll
* Former Ohio Supreme Court Justice Yvette McGee Brown
* Circuit Judge and Chief Justice-Elect John Dan Kemp
* Circuit Judge Wiley A. Branton, Jr.
* Circuit Judge Carlton D. Jones
* District Judge Kim Bridgforth
* Judge Dan Buckley, Los Angeles Superior Court
* Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye, Calif.
* Judge Jimmie Edwards, St. Louis, Mo.
* Judge Maria P. Rivera, California First District Court of Appeals
* Chief Judge Eric T. Washington, District of Columbia Court of Appeals