Tuesday, October 2, 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
While much of the recent attention has been on court interpreter services, translation is also a critical component of language access. The presenters will describe the processes they used to standardize the forms and documents that were translated and to determine into which languages the standardized forms and documents were translated. The presenters will also discuss policies, procedures, and share best practices for responding to requests for the translation of other documents.
Moderator: Ms. Sally Holewa, State Court Administrator, Supreme Court of North Dakota
- Hon. Dina E. Fein, First Justice, Western Division of the Massachusetts Housing Court
- Ms. Gaye Gentes, Manager of the Office of Court Interpreters, Trial Court of Massachusetts
- Hon. Andrea C. Peeples, Judge, Franklin County Municipal Court of Ohio
- Mr. Bruno G. Romero, Manager of the Interpreter Services Program, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Hon. Gary L. Yost, Judge, Ashtabula County Circuit Court of Ohio