In this discussion, we will explore the Blueprint for Racial Justice Systemic Change Guiding Principles with court leaders who have adopted racial justice initiatives that illustrate each principle.
The Systemic Change Guiding Principles can be used by courts as a lens to consider potential reforms aimed at promoting racial justice in activities such as evaluation of potential areas to address, policy reform proposals or equity impact analyses on proposed rules changes or legislation.
- Andrea Miller, PhD, JD, Senior Research Associate, NCSC
- Edwin Bell, Director of Racial Justice, Equity, and Inclusion, NCSC
- Dr. Cheryl Bailey, Acting Executive Officer, District of Columbia Courts
- Chief Justice Amy Nechtem, Massachusetts Juvenile Court
- Stephanie Hess, Administrative Director, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Chief Justice Robert Brutinel, Arizona Supreme Court
- Justice Ingrid Gustafson, Montana Supreme Court
- Judge Sharon Greer, Iowa Court of Appeals
- Judge Charles Hayden, First Judicial District, Pennsylvania
For more information contact Andrea Miller