Find details on each state's language access program, code of ethics, testing schedule, and process for interpreter scheduling, budgeting, and more.
State-specific resources. Includes state bench books and resource guides, interpreter discipline and payment policies, and sign language and other training resources.
Written and Oral Exam Information
NCSC Oral Examinations Ready for Administration
Written Examination Administration Manual
Written Examination Overview for Candidates
NCSC State Court Interpreter Testing Desk Reference Manual
Oral Exam Overview for Candidates
Common Oral Interpreting Exam Performance Deficiencies
Oral Exam Development Information
Language Access Tools and Other Resources
- Language Access Basic Training (SJI funded project, with partnership between the New Mexico Judiciary and NCSC)
- Language Identification Guide
- Language Access Tools for Court and Court Programs
- Virtual Remote Interpreting Videos from the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida:
- United States Census Bureau Newsroom
- ADA Technical Assistance Materials
- Legal Glossaries and Dictionaries
Council of Language Access Coordinators
- Operating Procedures. Review the operating procedures which provide a structural framework for CLAC members.
- Charter. Learn the details about CLAC's purpose, organizational relationships, meetings and more.
- Recent Resolutions and Policies. Recent resolutions and policies adopted by the Conference of Chief Justices (CCJ) and the Conference of State Court Administrators (COSCA).
Guides and Standards
- Model Guide for Interpreter Code of Ethics
- Court Interpretation: Model Guides for Policy and Practice in the State Courts
- NCSC State Court Interpreter Testing Desk Reference Manual
- Policy for the Development and Modification of Test Inventory
- Guide to Translation of Legal Materials
- American Bar Association Standards for Language Access in Courts. These standards are intended to assist courts in designing, implementing, and enforcing a comprehensive system of language access services that is suited to the needs of the communities they serve.
- DOJ Guidance: Provides Department of Justice guidance in regards to translation and language access issues in the courts.