The Government Relations Office (GRO) supports policy development of the Conference of Chief Justices (CCJ) and the Conference of State Court Administrators (COSCA) on national issues that affect state courts. The GRO also consults and informs related national judicial associations, such as the American Judges Association, the National Association for Court Management, and others. The GRO works with Congress, federal agencies, and other national associations to inform and promote CCJ and COSCA policies and state courts’ interests. The office also acts as a liaison between state judicial leadership and the federal courts.
Scroll through the tabs below to learn more about NCSC's Government Relations Office:
- Assists in development of CCJ and COSCA policy; and
- Advises congressional staff and federal officials of policy/legislation impact on state court operations.
- Develops a common voice on major policy issues; and
- Assists in sharing policies within the Congress, the federal executive branch, and other national associations.
- Communicates the interests of state courts to national organizations and in public forums;
- Informs CCJ/COSCA and state courts regarding important national policy developments and funding opportunities; and
- Prepares briefing books, issue briefs, memoranda, and newsletters, etc.