Find details on each state's language access program, code of ethics, testing schedule, and process for interpreter scheduling, budgeting, and more.
State-specific resources. Includes state bench books and resource guides, interpreter discipline and payment policies, and sign language and other training resources.
Language Access Tools and Other Resources
- Language Access Basic Training (SJI funded project, with partnership between the New Mexico Judiciary and NCSC)
- Language Identification Guide
- Language Access Tools for Court and Court Programs
- Virtual Remote Interpreting Videos from the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida:
- United States Census Bureau Newsroom
- ADA Technical Assistance Materials
- Legal Glossaries and Dictionaries
Council of Language Access Coordinators
- Operating Procedures. Review the operating procedures which provide a structural framework for CLAC members.
- Charter. Learn the details about CLAC's purpose, organizational relationships, meetings and more.
- Recent Resolutions and Policies. Recent resolutions and policies adopted by the Conference of Chief Justices (CCJ) and the Conference of State Court Administrators (COSCA).
Guides and Standards
- Model Guide for Interpreter Code of Ethics
- Court Interpretation: Model Guides for Policy and Practice in the State Courts
- NCSC State Court Interpreter Testing Desk Reference Manual
- Policy for the Development and Modification of Test Inventory
- Guide to Translation of Legal Materials
- LASS Program Managers Only
- American Bar Association Standards for Language Access in Courts. These standards are intended to assist courts in designing, implementing, and enforcing a comprehensive system of language access services that is suited to the needs of the communities they serve.
- DOJ Guidance: Provides Department of Justice guidance in regards to translation and language access issues in the courts.