Sarah Vandenberg Van Zee is a Program Specialist at the National Center for State Courts. She has been in the Research Division since August 2021.
While working at NCSC, Sarah has supported the division projects which are funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, including:
- Developing national data standards for a criminal justice statistics database,
- Identifying predictors of successful outcomes in drug courts,
- Evaluating national criminal case outcomes,
- Determining court notifications that improve defendant court attendance,
- Evaluating technology designed to help guardians/conservators complete court processes,
- Developing model document translation protocols to assist Asian/Pacific Islander court users,
- Identifying methods of improving confidentiality in domestic violence court cases, and
- Providing technical assistance to state courts on handling domestic violence cases.
Ms. Vandenberg Van Zee has an MSW from the University of Iowa. She also holds a BA in Psychology from Central College. Prior to working with NCSC, Sarah helped to manage and implement programs related to improving how Iowa courts handle domestic violence cases and access to justice issues.