The inaugural EDI cohort includes courts from Alaska, Nevada, Kansas, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, Tennessee, New York, and Washington, DC. Each court will use grant funding to hire dedicated court staff and will benefit from technical assistance and support from NCSC to transform their eviction courts into problem-solving courts that emphasize holistic, sustainable, and community-driven resolutions to housing problems.
Advisory Council Members
- Chief Judge Anna Blackburne-Rigsby, Court of Appeals, Washington DC
- Chief Justice Nathan Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
- Stephanie Hess, Administrative Director, Supreme Court of Ohio
- Rodney Maile, Administrative Director of the Courts, Hawaii State Judiciary
- Chief Justice Bridget McCormack, Supreme Court of Michigan
- Dawn Marie Rubio, State Court Administrator, Washington State Courts
- Chief Justice Loretta Rush, Supreme Court of Indiana
- Katherine Stocks, Director and State Court Administrator, Supreme Court of Nevada
- Connie Wright, Housing Affordability Philanthropy, Wells Fargo
Learn about the $10 million grant NCSC has received to support the Eviction Diversion Initiative.