The Center for Jury Studies at the National Center for State Courts is accepting nominations for the G. Thomas Munsterman Award for Jury Innovation. The award is named for G. Thomas Munsterman, founder and former director of the Center for Jury Studies and an internationally renowned innovator in jury systems and research.
Presented annually since 2008, the award was established to recognize states, local courts, individuals, or other organizations that have made significant improvements or innovations in jury procedures, operations, or practices in one of the following categories:
- state or local statutes, rules, or other formal changes
- jury management or technology
- in-court improvements
- other improvements or innovations
- 2023 - Judge Pamela Gates, Maricopa County Superior Court, Arizona
- 2022 - Judge Thomas Kelly Ryan, 10th Judicial Circuit Court, Kansas
- 2021 - Marilyn Burgess, Harris County Texas District Clerk
- 2020 - Kyle Rimel, IT director for the Superior Court of Arizona in Mohave County
- 2019 - Juries Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) Team
See the complete list of recipients.