Court Statistics Committee
The work of the Court Statistics Project is guided by the Court Statistics Committee of the Conference of State Court Administrators (COSCA). For over 30 years, the Conference of State Court Administrators (COSCA) and the National Center for State Courts (NCSC) have worked as partners to provide a national authoritative and comparative source of information on the work and organization of the state courts. The court community’s participation in the project is made manifest through the active participation of COSCA, the National Association for Court Management (NACM), and the National Conference of Appellate Court Clerks (NCACC) in the Court Statistics Committee.
Joint Technology Committee (JTC)
The Joint Technology Committee was established by COSCA, NACM and NCSC to:
- develop and promote technology standards for the courts;
- improve court processes and business practices;
- ensure adequate education and training for court leaders in technology; and
- collaborate with the justice community and other stakeholders.
Committee on Court Management
The CCJ/COSCA Court Management Committee seeks to develop the executive management skills of Chief Justices and State Court Administrators through policy development and peer education, and to identify “best practices” in judicial administration and promote their application within the nation’s state court systems. Issues currently being addressed:
- Appellate CourTools;
- high performance framework for courts;
- COSCA delay reduction time standards;
- state court funding principles;
- budget issues and reeingineering.